Friday, November 20, 2009

Counting Down

Six days (count them, 6) until Thanksgiving and all I have is the turkey. LOL. I'm gonna need a whole lot more than that to make a celebratory dinner. I haven't even talked 'turkey' yet with mother in law, who I am hoping will help me with the bulk of the meal prep for T-day.

As for my guests, they are still in the works. I know for sure Hubby's aunt will come... but she is my only confirmed guest. And like mother in law, I haven't talked to her about the details of her dish yet (I am asking everyone to bring a dish). Her and mother in law are pretty busy this week, what with them going on vacation on all. They just got back from Jaco and they are heading to Guanacaste to an uncle's 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Once mother in law gets back and settles down, I'll talk 'shop' with her. And confirm the guest list.

I need to run around this weekend (and next week) and pick up my ingredients for my dinner and prep the turkey for roasting. Oh, and I plan to do some crafts with the kids too, to make the house look festive for the occasion. Wish me luck. I have NEVER made a Thanksgiving meal in this capacity before. I just hope all goes well.

No comments: