Friday, November 13, 2009

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Boy was it chilly today. No, I don't think that's the right word. It was downright COLD! I actually needed a COAT.

Granted it's not Boston cold, but damn, it was so cold, I had to keep the kids inside most of the day since both Fatty and Princess are battling colds. I didn't even give them their showers yet... just a quick wipe down and a change of clothes.

I am used to this kind of weather in October in Costa Rica, but mid November, I dunno. I knew winter had taken it's time, but now, it is in full force.

Luckily, we don't get snow. But what a day it was. Hardly any sun, gray skies for miles, winds that chilled to the bone. Yeah, it felt like a crisp autumn day in New England, yet we are in Costa Rica, a tropical country. Honestly, I kinda like days like today, sometimes. There was hardly any rain, and it just reminded me of my days back in Boston. I didn't have much to do or anywhere to go, so a cold day stuck inside is sometimes a nice change of pace.

I look forward to this weather now as the holiday season rushes in. Cool weather gets one in a festive state of mind. Plus, cold weather now and again is a nice change from all the heat. I just hope come January, it warms up again.

No comments: