Saturday, May 15, 2010

Awww, Heaven

I was allowed to sleep in today. A rarity, even on a Saturday morning. But a late night last night left my kids zonked out until well past 8 am. I only woke up, really woke up, when I heard Princess trying to sneak out of the house so she could go next door to the in laws (no worries, the door was double locked).

I glanced at the clock as I lifted myself out of bed, feeling well rested. It was almost 8:30 (8:20 to be exact). That's better than the 7 am wake up, sometimes even as early as 6:30 am that these kids would wake up on the weekends. Gimme a break huh! Well they did. And while Princess woke up around 8 am, Fatty slept until well past 9. I was able to make a nice breakfast in peace.

Breakfast of champions: 'pinto', tuna fritters, breaded and fried boiled eggs and tuna empanadas


That hefty breakfast, along with a good nights rest = Heaven.

No comments: