Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

It's Sunday, May 9, 2010 and it's Mother's Day. I wasn't expecting anything really, so imagine my surprise when I did get wonderful gifts from my kids and hubby.




The picture Princess drew for me...


The flowers Boobie picked for me...


And the breakfast Hubby and Boobie made me.



I feel on top of the world.

Now mother's Day isn't celebrated until August in Costa Rica, but for me, today is Mother's Day. It's what I grew up with my whole life. It's the day I know and recognize as my special day and special day for all moms. Now I am lucky as most people say, since I get to celebrate TWO Mother's days. But really, this is the day that means the most to me and the one I really care about. So I was glad I was appreciated on this day of all days.

While Princess and fatty have no idea what today means, they try. Princess wished my "Happy Birthday " on two separate occasions (because special days to her means it's your birthday). And Fatty just goes along with everyone and wished me a "Happy day" after a prompting from his big brother. LOL.

Right now Hubby is outside with the kids playing to give me a much needed break. *sigh* I feel great.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there, who get this ONE day out of 365 to feel like a super hero.

No comments: