Friday, May 28, 2010

So I Got Sick

Along with the kids... I also got a little cold. Unlike the kids, mine lasted a mere 2 days. I already feel better after feeling like a dog near death yesterday. Odd isn't it? My nose is clear, no longer stuffy. My chest is clear, no longer filled with phlegm.

I figured the cold would linger for much longer. However, when you're exercising as much I am and trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle (and this is the first time I've been hit with a cold in a LONG while), I guess it's to be expected.

I love this new me. I exercise, eat well, and I rarely get sick. And when I do, it only lasts a couple of days.

Now I am not 100% better but I would say I'm about 99% on the way to recovery.

My back is out of whack though and not sure what that could mean. It started hurting when I got sick and now that I feel better, my back is still out of whack. I take a deep breath, it hurts. I cough, it hurts. I turn certain directions, it hurts. Even lying down hurts initially. I hope I didn't strain anything. Even though I've been sick, I still went running. Good idea or bad, it made me feel better and I am sure helped to speed up the recovery process.

Now if only the kid's colds would go away and never return.

No comments: