Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May

Yes, somehow May snuck up on us and we're smack dab in the middle of 'winter' already.

Well I shouldn't say May snuck up on us. But already it feels like the year is halfway over when really, it's still just in the beginning. I keep counting on my fingers how many months now since Boobie's been in school: just a mere 4 months (not even). It feels like he's been in school an eternity already.

And because winter (the rainy season here in Costa Rica) started early (like in March), it feels like it's later in the year than it actually is. Sucks. And doesn't suck at the same time. I have so much to still look forward to. Like more upcoming birthdays, 4th of July (check out my countdown), Mother's Day (Costa Rican style), Halloween and of course the mothers of all holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas.)

But I am savoring the fact that it is only just May. And I have mucho tiempo before this year is even over yet. So while my mind reels with all I have to look forward to, I am taking it one day at a time.

No comments: