Thursday, May 13, 2010

I've Been So Beat!

The last few weeks I have been so exhausted, I've reverted back to daily daytime naps.

I tell you, nothing like a nap in the afternoon to quench the soul. I have just been sooooooooooo tired.

I know why I am tired. I exercise EVERYDAY (well 5 days a week). I cook, clean, do laundry, take care of the kids, take care of the Hubby, playgroup 4 days a week, etc. And with less than 8 hours of sleep many nights. Most nights it's about 5 or 6 hours. The late nights are my fault really. I love my TV time (and about the only time I get to be alone are when the kids are in bed... or when I go running). So I relish my alone times. Just so happens that my 'alone moments' come late at night or really early in the mornings.

But with all that I do and with the lack of a good nights sleep (especially recently with the kiddos being sick), it's all just catching up to me now.

I use to nap everyday with Boobie when he was younger, per my doctors advice. It was a lifesaver. And then I got used to it. It was hard to break nap time as my body would automatically start shutting down around the same time everyday in anticipation for it's nap.

With everything I had going on, nap time was just something I couldn't fit into my schedule anymore, until recently. I just had no choice. Most days I zonk out on the couch... TV still going. But then I wake up ready to face the evening with new vigor.

I hope these kids appreciate nap time now. Because as I've learned, it's a rare treat as an adult.

No comments: