Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 12

Well we were doing so well, and today Princess finally had her first accident. It has been 6 days accident free.... well, 5 and a half.

All day, she went accident free. She's been doing so well these last few days, even on outings; using the toilet like a big girl, saying when she has to pee. Even staying dry for hours.

I guess the temptation was too strong and she finally let loose in her diaper, and near bedtime no less.

I literally put her on the potty a good 5 minutes before and then switched over to diapers, getting ready for bedtime (we're still working on night time potty training). I went out to the living room for a second while she played in the office. As I stepped in the office, the foul scent hit my nose and my heart dropped. I had just changed the baby so I new it was Princess. I couldn't believe after all the progress we had made, she stood there and pooped in her diaper. I know accidents happen, but that's no 'accident'.

After I changed her poop, I put her in time out. You might not agree with this, but she knows how to use the potty; she can talk! And she hates time out. It's the only way to teach her NOT to poop or pee on herself and for the message to come across loud and clear... she's a big girl now ans should use the potty like one.

Back to basics tomorrow I guess. It's like starting all over again after each and every 'accident'. Ugh!

P.S... I had a talk with her. And with what she can comprehend, I tried to make it clear that pee and poop needs to be deposited in the potty... not her diaper or underwear. I know she understands.. she is VERY smart. One tiny set back. We'll start fresh tomorrow. I still have my hopes on a diaper free Princess by Christmas.

No comments: