Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 4 and counting....

I have decided to do with Princess what I did with Boobie years ago while trying to potty train him. Today marks day four of Princess in underwear.... and she actually went a whole day Friday without accidents.

I am being more vigilant and doing a better job with her this time around. After all, the half ass potty train stance I was taking was not working. She needed to really learn to use the potty and if I was going to teach her, I needed to go all the way. So I use the all or nothing approach... either do it full out or not at all.

Day one Thursday Oct. 15th: I put her in underwear and many accidents ensued... peeing on herself in the play room. Pooping in her underwear. I had to ask her constantly if she had to go and just put her on the potty every few minutes for a period of time throughout the day.

Day two Friday Oct. 16th: Another day without diapers. She slept in diapers overnight as she definitely isn't ready for overnight potty training. But as soon as she takes her bath, the underwear goes on. I made sure to put her on the potty as much as possible all day long so as to give her the chance to use it. It worked. She went all day without any accidents and used the potty to pee.

Day three Saturday Oct. 17th: So far, so good. She stayed on the potty for a while until she pooped. She also peed. The only accident she had was at the store when she had to go and just, well, went. LOL. It really was not her fault as it's hard for her to hold her pee so I should have bought her to the bathroom. But we were out shopping and it just slipped my mind (not really, I just got lazy). Memo to self: bring along potty if you can so as to spare Princess any accidents on the road. All in all, it was a good day... just one accident. Later in the day, I caught her trying to hold her pee, and rushed her to the bathroom. She was thisclose to peeing on herself. Good thing I was watching her. I wish she had just said something. Oh well, in time.

Day four Sunday Oct. 18th: It's still early yet, but so far she peed in the potty. I just put her back on hoping she'll make her number 2 deposit for the day. I am keeping my fingers crossed that after this weekend, I can say good bye to diapers for her for good (at least during the day anyway.). I have a feeling, though, that this will be a long process.... but at least I am making a grade A effort to do it right this time. No more excuses. I will have her potty trained by Christmas.

No comments: