Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Girls Night Fun!

I got my girls night out, at last. And it was fun. It was, after a slow start, everything I expected it to be.

A bunch of us girls decided to meet up at my friend M's house Saturday night... yes the same Saturday as Fatty's party. We would her house as our starting point then go from there, figuring out where we wanted to go. We drove around for a bit in San Pedro, trying to find the perfect spot to have our all girl fun.

We ended up at a bar in Zapote, not too far from home. At that time of night, not much traffic. We headed out around 9. Lucky for us, I should say, the Costa Rica vs Trinidad game was on (by now, living in Costa Rica, if you are not in tune to the soccer you better get in tune to the soccer LOL). The bar was full but not over crowded. We were able to quickly find a table. There was a c2.000 cover charge and Smirnoff Ices, my drink of choice, were c2.000 a pop (a full c1.000 and c200 colones more than in the supermarkets. Talk about making a damn profit).

The excitement from the game made the atmosphere more alive. But I have to say I didn't care for the smell too much. I HATE cigarette smoke, yet two of my girls were smokers and I was caught sitting right next to one of them. It was just four of us. M, H, Day and Eve. Perfect. And to top it off, it was Day's birthday, even more reason to party hardy and celebrate.

After my first Smirnoff I was able to loosen up some, shake up the yawns and start having fun. I was loud, funny, boisterous. I felt so free. I was living it up. And I didn't want it to end. When they finally started playing some half decent music, we all got up to shake our 'thang'. In my new blouse and my new shoes (the one I got for my birthday, fitting for the occasion as this was my belated birthday girls night), I was rocking out like nobody's business.

I had my second Smirnoff of the night and finished it off much easier and faster than I thought I would, but I had to stop there. No need to push it.

No sooner than the fun started, the guys showed up. M's hubby and H's hubby. We had left them at M's house watching the game, but I guess they got bored and missed their ladies. No problem, there was room for two guys. It was still ladies night though. A bit more bumping and grinding, some naughty TV, and sooner than I knew it, it was time for us to move out and head home. It was 2 in the morning. But I was hardly ready to leave.

I was thankful to be home and in bed though. And the next day, I slept 'til noon. No shame in my game. How often do I get out.... hardly ever. I took full advantage. And I look forward to the next girls outing.... maybe a weekend this time. Hey, Eve, let me... I already have my bags packed and ready to go. ; )





All my girls



having some fun... really, I was NOT drunk LOL!




Pretty little miss



Just us girls

No comments: