Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Independent Lady

Princess is so independent. I swear her favorite thing to say is "let me do it" or "I want do it". She wants to do everything for herself, just about.

She, of course, picks out and puts on her own shoes. She tries to put on and take of her clothes. She likes to comb her own hair and brush her own teeth. She even wants to put the potty back in the bathroom when she's done.

She sometimes likes to put her own dish in the sink (this I had to teach her as when she was done with a meal, she would throw the dish and spoon in the trash).

She wants to wash her own hands and soap herself in the shower. When I change the baby, she'll grab his dirty diaper and say "I wanna put it' and will put it in the diaper pail in the bathroom... she used to do that with her own diapers too.

She has even learned how to change the channel to her favorite station, once or twice.

She prefers, of course, to feed herself, something she's been doing for a long time and she's only 2.5 years old.

She truly amazes me with her independent streak. I know she'll be doing a lot of things solo at a young age that Boobie probably didn't do until much later.

She learned how to swing herself on the swings, pumping her legs and holding on for dear life (something her dad taught her). When she learned how to hoist herself up onto the swings and go down the slide by herself, I could have cried I was so in awe.

She is just one independent chick. I think she'll be the type of girl Destiny's Child used to always sing about.... 'all my ladies who're independent throw your hands up at me'.

No comments: