Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 9

And we're still going strong. Not only did Princess put herself on the potty yesterday twice, but she also told me when she had to go to the bathroom as well.

She has managed to stay dry for 2 whole straight days, today being day 3.... although it's not over yet.

My constant questions have now helped her to realize when she has to go. Now she lets me know when it's time for a potty break. Yesterday she got the potty for herself and got on it. Also in the morning, she let me know she had to go and told me to get the potty (and place it strategically in front of the TV so she wouldn't miss her shows... what diva!)

She now runs out to let me or anyone know, that she has to pee pee (which also includes poop) at any given time during the day.

Even while we were at the stores yesterday, she stayed dry the entire time, for a period of a little more than 2 hours. It wasn't until we were eating lunch at a restaurant that she got up and started to declare, very loudly, that she had to go the bathroom... it took a few seconds for me to register that that was what she was actually saying and rushed her to the bathroom, where she peed like a big girl in the big girl toilet.

Even at our play date yesterday afternoon, where I worried she might have an accident, she did not. After asking her a few times if she had to go just to keep the reminder in her head, when she finally answered yes, she used that big girl toilet again, with no fear.

Since she didn't poop the day before, I thought she would go yet another day without pooping, but that night, she finally did number 2.

I think she's gotten it. She's finally 'day time' potty trained!!

We're still going to have to work a bit on the overnight potty training, as she still can't stay dry yet. But At least day time seems to be coming along successfully. I just know now, come Christmas, she might be fully potty trained. I am so happy right now.

No comments: