Friday, October 30, 2009

Princess Got Stung

I went to pick up Boobie from school and left Princess outside. Granted she was crying because she wanted to come, but I was going to be quick and father in law was watching her.

I get back to some bad news. As soon as I enter through the gates, D warns me to be careful because we have a swarm of bees near my house. I tell her I thought that was what those things were circling the plant nearby. But they never bothered us before, so.... no worries.

As I approach my house, I get attacked, literally, by a couple of bees... these are not the bees I was talking about. These bees were out for blood. Damn pesky things... trying to get at me every chance they had. My father in law comes out of my house calling my name, with his fly swatter in hand. I run screaming, hands flapping to rid myself of the attacking bees. Boobie is safely inside my in-laws house.

Then I hear the bad news. Princess got stung! I guess when I left her she stayed outside and a bee stung her. Father in law heard her screams and saw her jerking about (not in seizures just in pain and shock).

They took out the stinger (the little bitch of a bee stung her right near her mouth) and put some kind of cream on the the stung area. Poor Princess... as soon as I hear, I race towards her. She's lying in bed (mother in law's guest bed, her home away from home) watching cartoons. As soon as I get near her to try and inspect the sting for myself, she goes into hysterics... crying and trying to get away from my grip, she's yelling, "mommy, don't touch it". It breaks my heart.

My poor Princess got stung, and I wasn't there. I could kill that bee for hurting my baby. I know she must have been terrified to be stung and be in such pain, yet not know why or where the source was coming from. She just went into shock, standing there.

Someone, or something disturbed a hive of bees, who have now descended on us. And I am pissed. I just hope Princess isn't allergic. I think I'll bring her a chocolate to cheer her up and to commend her on her bravery.

No comments: