Monday, October 19, 2009

Today Was A Rough Day

This potty training 'thing' is driving me crazy. I am about to lose my marbles. It's like we take one tiny step forward, but 17 giant steps back. How will I ever make progress this way?

Princess had so many accidents today... and I use the term 'accidents' lightly. She knows how to use the potty. She can speak and let me know know when she has to go potty. But I guess, for her, it's just easier to pee on the floor, then tell me about it after. I am at my wits end and I want to give up, but I know I can't.

Doesn't matter that she took a HUGE dump in her underwear today. Doesn't even matter that she refused to use the potty yesterday afternoon while on an outing with my mother in law and pooped on herself. I have to forge ahead. There's no turning back now. If I give up and put her back in diapers during the day, it will surely confuse her and only hinder the process. We've broken ground. She can go at least an hour and not pee.... and when I put on her on the potty every few minutes, she does use it. But I have to be strong and hope that she'll eventually get it.

I am just having one of those day where I wonder what I am doing wrong as opposed to focusing on what I am doing right. I am so tempted to strap a diaper on her and call it a day, literally! I just bought a package of 144 pampers yesterday and I am not afraid to use one.

But I know I have to be strong. She's 2 1/2. She'll get it. I knew potty training would prove to be difficult (some moms do get lucky with kids who virtually potty train themselves. I am not 'some moms'.) My kids defy me and refuse to use the potty. But they eventually get it. Boobie is potty trained...99 % of the time anyway (barring his peeing 'accidents' which include inside his pants and around the toilet LOL!!!)

Stepping back on the potty wagon again after having been off it for so long is making me begin to dread the day when I have to start potty training Fatty. However, I'm just taking it one day at a time right now... no need to rush or even think that far ahead. I'll wait until he's ready, which should give me at least another year. The only thing I can imagine that's worse than 2 kids in diapers is potty training 2 kids at the same time. *Blech* No thanks. I think I would have to be committed at that point. I'll stick to focusing all my energies on getting Princess used to wearing big girl panties.

I'm holding strong, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Here's to a Christmas without diapers for Princess. (I just hope it doesn't take THAT long for her to kiss diapers 'bye-bye' for good.)

No comments: