Friday, June 19, 2009

Bliss!

I know what true bliss is. As a mother, you tend to have a grasp on what really matters and what true happiness means.

One of the times I am truly happy is playing outside with my kids. I let my guard down and forget for a minute that I am a grown-up and just have fun. When I stop being so caught up in the adult world and just let loose, miracles happen. Boobie and I connect the best, for deep down inside of him, he knows he is still my baby boy. He checks his attitude at the door and is my sweet, loving, vivacious little boy again.


Another little thing I am thankful for is my yard, which gets maximum use in the summer. We're out there all day from sun up until dusk. And if the pool is set up, we take full advantage of it. In the winter we try to get out as much as we can, though rain prevents us from spending too much time outdoors or in the grass (sometimes still wet from the night's due or an early morning sprinkle.) I find I am more free and playful when it's nice and hot, and when it's dreary and rainy outside, I feel a tinge of sadness. It's almost as if, to some extent, my moods are directly related to the weather. So getting outside and playing with my kids or even just hanging out are some of the happiest moments of my life and I am a better mother for it

Another blissful moment for me is watching my baby son, Fatty, breastfeed. It's truly a miracle how he knows that I can provide him food AND comfort at the same time with just one thing... my boob. And to watch him eat or be soothed brings joy to my heart.

Listening to my kids laugh is true happiness. If I could only hear one sound, that is the sound I would choose to hear for the rest of my life.

Hearing Princess learning new words everyday is a privilege. She is such a firecracker and the words that sometimes come out of her mouth make me howl with laughter. She's also learning to count. Yes, numbers start at 6 and end at 10 and when she does start from one, there are only about 4 numbers in total.. 1, 2 4 and 10. Love it.

It's such a blessing having children. And when my day gets dark and the hour seems endless, I have to look at them and be thankful. They are my light, my sunshine and even the smallest thing they do is a blessing in my life. They add joy, they add fun, they add love. They keep me grounded and floating on air at the same time. And they have truely shown me absolute bliss and unconditional love.

When they get old enough to read this, I just want to say thanks, for lighting up my life.

No comments: