Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Hubby

I swear I drool over this man at least once a day. And sometimes for the most un-sexy reasons. Like when he does the dishes or plays with the kids. Or when he lets me sleep in on a Saturday and not only bathes and dresses the kids, but makes breakfast too. The man is all kinds of YUMMY.

I love when he does all that daddy/hubby stuff. But he is a hot piece of ass as well.

I fell in love with him hard and fast. He was the mysterious light and handsome stranger leaning against the lunch room wall back in high school. He spoke to no one, yet was surrounded by friends. I wanted him so badly then, like I still want him now.

Our love affair began like most high school sweethearts love stories. We met, we dated, we fell in love, we ended up together with a bunch of kids. And 10 years together, the man still makes me sweat in my most secret of places.

I spotted him, I lusted after him and when I found out he had a girlfriend I quickly spent my summer trying to forget him. But come fall, there he was again, in all his hotness, and I was determined this time to have him.

It started with (love) letters. Our first meeting had me so nervous, forget butterflies in my stomach... I had them in my chest. I couldn't imagine someone like him liking me... forget that I was the most popular girl in school and had my fair share of admirers, I just figured he wouldn't want a girl like me. Silly me, who wouldn't want to date the class president? Turns out I was worried over nothing... he liked me and way before I had even noticed he existed. I was relieved and tickled all shades of pink (who knew I could even blush that color?)

We were inseparable. We spent every waking minute we could together. He would pick me up in the mornings so we could walk to school together. And although it made him late, he would walk me to each of my classes and pick me up afterward. I anticipated class being over so I could see his beautiful face again. We spent hours together after school, waiting for the very last moment to part.... and then we would spend hours at night on the phone. The hours we were apart were unbearable. I loved him with every being of myself. We loved hard, we fought hard. We were passionate about one another.

It brings a smile to face thinking of those early days of our relationship. We were the only ones that mattered... we were so caught up in each others world. It actually makes me laugh now.

Years have changed us but our love for each other has never waned. It's not a fairy tale, thankfully... it's real life. It does not end at happily ever after. The guy did get the girl and there are happy times, but like most relationships, we've had our ups and we've fallen down, hard, a few times. But it's made us the couple we are today. We don't sprinkle sugar over our shit and call it a cake... we know the deal and we handle our business and move on.

I would go into battle with that man. And even though sometimes I wonder what life would have been like if we hadn't ended up together, I am so glad we did. I would not want my life any other way or with anyone else. Fate brought us together and it'll take an act of God to tear us apart (*crossing fingers*).

He's not perfect and dare I say, neither am I. But how can I not love a man who looks like he does ( it should be illegal to look so damn good) and be the way he is (so humble). He is super intelligent, a man of his word, loyal, trustworthy, loving, patient and kind. The kind of person God had in mind when he created man.

Now I could go on and on about his faults... as all men seem to have them. He is not the best housekeeper (and why should he be when he has me)... but it doesn't stop him from trying now and again. And bless his heart, he can't make a bed to save his life. And boy does he have a temper. But the important thing is no matter his shortcomings, he is my prince charming. My knight in shining armor. A yummy specimen with a body built to rock my world. And he is mine.

No comments: